Welcome to Kyouka Ramen! Our mission is to bring authentic Japanese ramen to Toronto, recreating the “Soul” of ramen in every bowl. Slurps: The Genuine Language of Ramen.
Here’s our 5 Step Program to eating ramen:
1. It’s considered best to finish your ramen within 7-8 minutes.
2. The Soul of ramen is retained with a proper balance of broth, sauce, oil and noodles. In Japan, when this balance is lost, we no longer call it ramen.
3. The art of slurping is a well-mannered, cultivated and refined way of eating ramen.
4. The most authentic way to eat ramen is best to slurp the noodles and soup in silence.
5. Try to finish the soup, but it is okay if you can’t. We won’t be offended.
But there’s really no right or wrong way. Just enjoy!
About Our Noodles
We use very special noodles for each bowl of ramen. The recipe for our noodles originates from Kyouka founder Mr. Machida and are produced by Mikawaya, a well-known Japanese company. We wanted to offer these amazing noodles to our Toronto location and work in collaboration with American company Sun Noodles. Their premium noodles meet our high expectations and match with our broth perfectly. Working together we ensure each noodle is fresh and consistent with Mr. Machida’s recipe. We hope that you enjoy the smooth texture and chewiness of our noodles.